ABOUT BROOKFIELD PROPERTIES
Brookfield Properties is a premier real estate operating company that provides integrated services across the real estate investment strategies of Brookfield Asset Management (Brookfield) a global alternative asset manager with over $265 billion in AUM.
Brookfields global investing expertise and access to large-scale capital, combined with Brookfield Properties well-established position as the commercial landlord of choice in many of the worlds most dynamic markets, provides a unique advantage. It also assures premier-quality commercial premises and optimal outcomes for our tenants, business partners and the communities in which we operate.
Our vertically integrated real estate capabilities are established in each of Brookfields target sectors and regions around the globe, ensuring that our assets are managed to maximize the tenant experience, with a focus on integrating new real estate technologies that keep us at the forefront of innovation and sustainability.
For more information, visit brookfieldproperties.com.
Responsible for providing timely and accurate reporting of day to day operations of respective properties, managing and executing the financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting process for assigned properties.
- Take responsibility and ownership of financial results in monthly review and presentation to management.
- Assist, review and coordinate the workflow of Leasing Administrator, A/R and A/P Supervisors.
- Review and analyze general ledgers for respective properties process journal entries, calculate monthly accruals and update balance sheet backup schedules.
- Review and approve disbursements, payroll data entries, A/R adjustments, daily cash receipts journal, etc.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting packages for properties and the region for the corporate office.
- Review and prepare necessary reconciliations to balance sheet and income statement in a timely manner.
- Development accounting including draws and development cost tracking.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly variance analysis and monthly balance sheet analysis.
- Ensure compliance of mortgage loan covenants and reporting requirements.
- Experience with Joint venture partnerships accounting and reporting.
- Prepare detailed year-end financial reconciliations, analyses and working papers.
- Provide accounting detail and assistance to internal/external auditors.
Forecast and Budgets
- Prepare quarterly forecasts, invoicing of operating expense recoveries, C.P.I. adjustments and security deposit transactions.
- Preparation of annual budget package, detailed variance analysis, and balance sheet analysis.
- Bachelors in Accounting; CPA preferred.
- Strong accounting skills with in-depth knowledge of US GAAP; and IFRS knowledge a plus (specifically real estate).
- 3 + years of public accounting and/or commercial real estate accounting experience preferred.
- Communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Strong communication and organizational skills; ability to handle multiple priorities, self starter.
- Understanding of property management in relation to financial accounting, recoveries, budgeting and forecasting.
- Proficiency in PC based software; Strong Excel skills a must and Experience in Yardi a plus.