Maxim Healthcare Services is seeking an Endoscopy Registered Nurse (RN) who will be responsible for planning and administering care of the patient undergoing diagnostic Endoscopy procedures.
MaximStaffing in Tacoma, Washington is seeking a qualified Registered Nurse withEndoscopy experience to work in Bremerton, Washington. We are offering a 13week contract with day shift hours and a start date in January 2019. Allcandidates must have at least 1-2 years recent experience, BLS and ACLS,experience with Conscious Sedation, and an active license with Washington Stateto be considered.
- Applies the nursing process to assess pain, plan, implement and evaluate the care of the patient undergoing a diagnostic endoscopy.
- Assess physical, psychological, psychosocial and educational needs of the patient.
- Provides patient with explanations of procedures and treatments.
- Demonstrates awareness and respects all patient s rights, privacy and confidentiality.
- Treats all patients with dignity and respect.
- Assists physician with all endoscopy procedures including colonoscopy, bronchoscopy, EGD, PEG tube placement, and ERCP.
- Follows facility guidelines in the assessment, care and evaluation of the patient receiving conscious sedation.
- Follows facility policy to administer and monitor IV conscious sedation in a safe and effective manner.
- Documents assessment, administration and patient s response to conscious sedation according to facility policy and procedure.
- Monitors and documents to each intervention during the endoscopy procedure.
- Demonstrates safety and accuracy in the administration, monitoring and documentation of all treatments, medications, and IV therapies.
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for the patient.
- Responds immediately and appropriately to emergencies or acute changes in patient status.
- Provides Pathologist with accurate and complete information regarding specimen collection.
- Adheres to and applies all principles of infection control during endoscopic procedures, with the disinfection and sterilization of equipment, use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and disposing of biomedical/hazardous waste.
- Ensures appropriate care, maintenance and safe handling of scopes at all times.
- Applies cautery-grounding pad appropriately.
- Adheres to facility guidelines in use of glutaraldehyde/Steris.
- Assures Endoscopy Department Discharge Criteria are met before discharging patient.
- Ensures the discharge process provides continuing care based on assessed needs of the patient and communicates explicit time/action discharge instructions using simple terminology.
- Uses sound clinical judgment with all nursing responsibilities.
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with other members of the health care team to address patient s needs and generate safe patient outcomes.
- Other Endoscopy Registered Nurse (RN) duties as assigned.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state in which he/she practices.
- Documentation and confirmation of one (1) year experience in a GI/Endo lab within the last three years preferred; Documentation and confirmation of at least one (1) year experience with IV Conscious Sedation within the last three years preferred.
- Current BLS and ACLS cards.
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
- Physical dexterity and perceptive acuity (e.g., visual, hearing) to satisfactorily perform all required duties.
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable)
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
- Successful completion of Maxim screening for the clinical specialty area(s) with a score of 80% or greater.
- Successful completion of Maxim background screening and hiring process.
Caitlin Carpenter - Healthcare Recruiter
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, cardiothoracic, care unit, intensive, nurse clinical, surgery, surgical, tcu, transitional