The Health Services Director role is a bonus-eligible position!
Responsible for the coordination and oversight of health and supportive services provided to residents at the Assisted Living Residence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Fosters a non-clinical, resident-centered approach to the planning and delivery of services to residents, supporting residents' rights to participate in decision-making and treating residents with dignity and respect.
* Assesses health, functional and psychosocial status of residents, initiating individualized service plans, proactively managing care and services for each resident, and maximizing the resident's opportunity to remain in the assisted living environment.
* Ensures that residents' care needs are met by coordinating with other community professionals, including physicians, discharge planners, nurses, home health agency staff, case managers, and state agency personnel. Arranges ancillary services, such as pharmacy, podiatry, lab, and x-ray as needed.
* Delegates nursing tasks as allowed under applicable nursing laws and practice acts, communicating regularly with residents, their families, and their health care practitioners.
* Provides training, supervision, monitoring of staff as they provide personal care, medication management, and other health related services, assuring that ALS' philosophy of care is practiced.
* Communicates regularly with residents' families regarding health care needs. Provides instruction and reassurance for residents and families in maintaining health and managing medical conditions.
* Problem-solves with Executive Director to manage residents with challenging needs.
* Assists in assessing urgent problems and advises, supports and problem-solves with Executive Director in actions to take when health concerns arise.
* Sees that all resident care is properly documented, that resident records are completed in a timely manner and maintained according to company policies.
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all rules and regulations pertaining to resident care. Takes responsibility for keeping informed of industry and health care trends and standards, applying new knowledge to meet the changing needs of residents.
* Seeks out additional expertise and advice when needed to assure residents' needs are met and proper practices followed.
* Participates in the marketing efforts of the management team by representing the residence in a positive manner to outside agencies and participating in residence social functions.
* Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents' families, visitors and staff.
* Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to residents, employees, the residence, and company information and records.
* Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits.
* Complies with the attendance policy.
* Maintains neat appearance, good personal hygiene, and appropriate attire.
* Assists with special projects as assigned and performs other related duties.
* Must have a current, unencumbered RN license.
* Excellent written and oral communication and motivational skills are essential to success.
* Ability to creatively problem-solve in both resident care and employee management situations.
* Must be able to perform the essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Associate Degree in Nursing, or Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
* Minimum of 1 year working in geriatric nursing, including experience with medication administration, delivery systems and pharmacies.
* One year in supervisory/management position, and experience with budgets, staff development, training and scheduling.
* Additional course work in management an asset.
* Able to communicate effectively, in English, with personnel at all levels of the organization, with residents and their friends and family, and with members of the community.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
* Computer skills useful.
* Ability to maintain basic financial records of expenditures of the department.
* Able to understand budgets.
KEYWORDS: Registered Nurse, RN, nurse, staff nurse, charge nurse, health services director, health and wellness director, health & wellness director, senior living, assisted living, skilled nursing, post acute, post-acute
Situated in a vibrant community, Prestige Senior Living Auburn Meadows is a 102 apartment assisted living + memory care community that features tree-lined walking paths and a family-friendly neighborhood, which is also a transportation hub with convenient access to downtown Seattle and the entire Puget Sound region.
The Auburn Meadows community's innovative Celebrations program is focused on six wellness categories that empower residents to explore new or treasured hobbies, pastimes and skills. With this program, residents have the tools to explore a host of exhilarating new activities and to live life the way they want.
Auburn Meadows also offers award-winning Expressions Memory Care Program, designed to make our residents feel accepted, important, comfortable? at home. Expressions creates a buffer against fear and the stress of dementia and other forms of cognitive impairment through activities that stimulate the body and mind, and enrich the life of our residents.
Questions? Contact ...@prestigecare.com
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an \"employee,\" you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professionals goal. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below:
Associated topics: coronary, hospice, intensive care, intensive care unit, nurse, nurse clinical, nurse rn, recovery, registed, registered nurse