Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public-sector management consulting and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,000 professionals in more than 50 offices around the US, in Canada and in Europe. PCG's Technology Consulting practice offers a full spectrum of quality Information Technology (IT) services to help state and local government agencies at every stage of the IT life cycle. Through its specialized IT services, PCG's Technology Consulting team finds cost-effective ways to help agency partners deliver successful IT systems that enhance the lives of the user base.
PCG is seeking a Data Architect to advise and consult on building, optimizing and maintaining conceptual and logical database models for our clients. For this role, a candidate should know how to analyze system requirements and implement migration methods for existing data. Hands-on experience with SQL and Oracle is also required. Ideally, you are familiar with predictive analysis and data visualization techniques using relevant tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, D3.js and R.) Ultimately, you will develop database solutions as an enterprise data warehouse, to ensure company information is stored effectively and securely.
PCG currently seeks a Data Architect to work in Olympia, WA. This person will work as part of a technical consulting team with other technical personnel to provide technical services to PCG projects for our clients. This effort may require consultation towards development of user interfaces, business rules, database queries and stored procedures, and enterprise data maintenance.
- Be an experienced solutions architect providing consultation and direction for the work of others
- Architect, design, develop and maintain an enterprise data warehouse based on an understanding of business and customer requirements
- Code front-end and back-end code at the request of project management including writing code behind and SQL queries and stored procedures
- Code, install, and debug stored procedures using appropriate tools or editors. This includes troubleshooting complex SQL queries and stored procedures for optimal system performance
- Model data management processes based on collected user requirements, test cases, and development objectives
- Document Data architecture and design
- Develop system reports using industry standard tools such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Design, develop and facilitate the exchange of data with external data systems
- Develop database solutions to store and retrieve company information
- Install and configure information systems to ensure functionality
- Analyze structural requirements for new software and applications
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
- Optimize new and current database systems
- Define security and backup procedures
- Coordinate with the Data Science department to identify future needs and requirements
- Provide operational support for Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Accurately estimate work and meet deadlines
- Managing and building upon client relationships
- A candidate with (2-3) years of experience in a Data Architect role, who has attained a BS degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
- Experience using data analysis/visualization tools for project analysis such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Preferred experience in state or local government and health care or human services and/or government sector
- Must have Medicaid experience
- Significant experience in designing and architecting software solutions to meet customer business needs
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server relational database design, T-SQL required, adept at creating tables, stored procedures, views, user-defined functions
- Knowledge of data processing systems, concepts and methodologies
- Ability to assess customer goals, needs and interests with respect to the implementation/appropriateness of information technology solutions
- Fluent communication and interpersonal skills with customers, business teams, and technical colleagues
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Very strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience in working closely with customers and consultants
- Ability to manage and administer a broad range of tasks
- Skill in presenting ideas and presenting oral and written reports
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a fast-paced environment
Associated topics: data administrator, data analytic, data center, data management, data quality, data scientist, data warehouse, data warehousing, etl, sybase